Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

Summer Swims

Summer Swims.

Here is my first poem/story for 2017



My brother Buster leapt through the cold, breaking waves.
Swooosh, Went the sea as it knocked he and I over.
We glided through the cold salty water,
It breathed over my body like a cold ghost,.
While the sun shone happily on our faces.
Close by, big, white, boats bobbed happily,
This Had to be The Best kiwi summer ever.

Splish! Splash!Slop!
Went my cold sandy feet scattering the hot golden sand.
Eeeerrrr!!!
Out of the water it was freezing
I walked to Mum whinging while she held out a pink and orange stripy towel.
Mum wrapped the towel and her arms around me and squeezed me so I got warm and snug.
I pushed out one arm out of my towel so I could eat,
And took three big bites of Mum’s delicious ham sammies.

I jumped out of my towel and sprinted back to the water.
In one big SPLASH  I was fully drenched again.
Beach, Hawaii, Ocean, Sea, ...I love Summer Swims!!!
By Dulcie Wilton  Feb 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment